Thursday, May 19, 2011

Finally

Travel plans.  We have 'em.

Earlier this week they told Daniel they wanted him to start in Seattle next Monday.

First, we thought it might be possible for all of us to fly out together this weekend.  Then we thought Daniel might fly out first, and Hollie and I would follow a few days afterward.  Then we thought Daniel might fly out this weekend, work a few days, then fly back here and make the drive with me...
It went on and on - juggling what the relocation people could make happen, and what was actually going to work for us.

Finally, two days ago, we figured, why don't we just drive all together this weekend?  Get it over with.  

Ran it by the managers yesterday and got the go-ahead.  Daniel won't be starting on Monday...more like Wednesday, but they're okay with that.  Airline tickets on such short notice are craaaazy expensive, so we're saving them a chunk of change.  It will be a long drive, and a busy few days getting ready to go, but I am so-so-so happy that this is finally happening.

Fortunately, while we were waiting for all these things to fall into place, we were mentally preparing, so now the actual preparing and packing is off to a great start and hopefully will continue to go smoothly.

We tried to have some fun while we waited, too.

 



Yes, painting with q-tips.  Yes, shoes are on the wrong feet.  She's a tough one to argue with about that.

This girl is funny.  Here are a few of the new and crazy things we've heard from her lately:

"Oh my josh"

"Stay here.  I be right back."

One morning she woke up after Daniel had left, and when she asked for him I said, "Oh, Daddy went bye-bye."  She shook her head and insisted "Daddy hello!"

When we're out walking and we look for cars before crossing the street, she's got the script down pat: "No cars? No trucks?  Okay, go!"  No prompting necessary.  There have been a few times that she's run away even after we've yelled for her to stop, which we've let her know is unacceptable, but she's never run into the street.  I think she has, what I like to call, a "healthy fear" of moving vehicles.

There's more, but it's late and my head's full of packing checklists and things to do tomorrow - our last full day to get ready.  I have new belly pictures accumulated, so next time I have a minute (ha) I'll get that updated.

Next time you hear from me, it will probably be from Washington!

No comments:

Post a Comment