Thursday, August 11, 2011

Funny things Hollie has said lately

Someone said something about Hollie being a big sister now, and she protests, "I'm not big sister - I'm Hollie!"

I was trying to convince Hollie that there's no longer a baby in my belly, and she suggests, "We need to get another baby in the store."  In almost every conversation we have these days, she tells me we need [something] "in the store".

I had made a smoothie to share with her, so I poured some into her cup and started drinking the rest right from the blender (we always try to set a good example around here).  She looked at me, wide-eyed, and said, "That's a biiiig cup!  Go show baby Blake!" and pointed across the room to her sister.

One afternoon, she was wound up and running around the house clicking her tongue.  I asked what she was doing, and she said, "It's a song about Mother Goose".

She told me, "You gotta be kidding me!"
Phonetically, for full effect: "You gah be kimmee!"

Daniel was cooking dinner, and Hollie and I were helping, while I held Blake in one arm.  I told her, "Good job, Hollie!", and she came right back with "Good job, Mommy!" and "Good job, Daddy!".  I asked her if Blake was doing a good job, too, and she thought for a minute before saying, "Nooo."

Her latest method of getting my attention is to plead, "Turn your head, Mommy!"

Just this afternoon, I’m changing Blake’s diaper and her clothes - she’s not happy about it, and she’s letting me know.  Hollie tells me, “Blake wants Daddy.”  Umm, ouch?!

Last but not least, my very favorite:
We were at the park yesterday, just walking along, and she said, "Did you know cars go pee-pee in a little potty outside?"

--------------------------------------------------------

We have been busy around here (maybe that goes without saying) but in good ways.  Working on updates, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment