Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Vocabulary and other updates...

I haven't been in the mood for creative titles lately.  We have been going a mile-a-minute around here lately and my creativity is way past running on fumes.  I do want to update you on a few more words that Hollie is saying...

Water - Woggy (rhymes with froggy)

Fish - 'ish.  She only recognizes the fish that are still alive.  I get the blank stare when I try to tell her that it's also fish we're eating.

Go - Gogogogogo!

Up 

Aaaaaa-men! - This one needs explaining.  We have this little book with a short kid's prayer, and a button that will play a kid's voice reciting it, and at the end Hollie chimes in with the long, drawn-out aaaaaa-men!    

She's also fine-tuning (i.e. expanding) her use of no.  Hello, toddlerhood, we've arrived.

I love getting to record all these tiny details of what Hollie's doing and learning, and I have a great fear that I won't do the same for our future children because we'll have seen it all before.  I guess this has been weighing on my mind a little, and I've been convincing myself that I will record just as many of the the tiny details of our next child's life because I got one of these the other day...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...


Tomorrow I will be 9 weeks, and due June 30th, 2011!

I promise my next post will have all the details.  :)

Post-publication edit (11/30/10): I have another equally great fear, which is that when the next baby is born I will stop updating you on Hollie.  Being a mother of two will certainly be the balancing act of all time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment