Saturday, February 19, 2011

Schedule = sanity + getting up early

So, the new routine is going okay.  It has been a crazy ride, going from 100% flexible to 100% scheduled in such a short time, but I don't think there's any other way to do it successfully.  For six mornings in a row I have gotten out of bed at 7am to wake Hollie up.  She has been napping at reasonable times, which is wonderful, but the new problem is that she naps for like three hours (that's a looooong nap!)...and then stays up until 10 or 11 just like before.  Which makes me feel horrible for waking her up so early the next morning (on top of feeling horrible for being up that early myself).  So...do I wake her up from her nap after an hour or so??  Geez, that makes me feel manipulative/micro-manage-y, not letting her sleep as long as she wants ever.  But on the other hand, it will do wonders for our sanity (all three four of us) to guarantee that she A) gets a nap and B) goes to bed at a reasonable time.  And there's no question that she does get plenty of sleep (and she'll get a little more if we can pull that bedtime back to about 9 or so). 

I hate having to wake her up.*  But if it works, it works, and doing nothing was definitely not working.

Sigh.  I'm just glad we're figuring this out now and not, oh, 19 weeks from now.

That's right...21 weeks today!
<----  See new photo
(Maybe one of these weeks I'll remember to move that soap dispenser.  No guarantees.)
 
*To clarify, I'm the only one that hates it.  She hasn't minded it one bit so far!  She's pretty happy in the morning no matter what time it is.  Plus, she gets to see Daddy in the morning before he leaves.  :)

We have been having lots of funny fun around here, too.  Great stories with photos coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment