Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Seattle

Remember when I talked about my head being somewhere else lately?  I'm so excited to be able to write about it now.

We're relocating temporarily to Seattle.  For five months.  Leaving in a matter of weeks.  As in, Daniel's leaving in two weeks, and Hollie and I will follow a week or so after that.

Yeah, we first heard of this great opportunity for Daniel's career only a few weeks ago.  We're feeling spontaneous, adventurous...  definitely more excited than stressed at this point (i.e.- it hasn't hit yet).  I'm expecting panic to arrive any minute now.  :)  If at all, really.  You might remember that we relocated about two months before Hollie was born, too...and that was a permanent move!  It's just how we do it.  When I get pregnant again, you can all start putting in your votes for where we go next!

We're so lucky that Daniel's company provides a nice relocation package for this kind of temporary move...flights (for all of us), furnished housing, a rental car, etc.  It would certainly not be possible without that kind of help.  The only part I'm kind of stressing about is finding a new OB.  They all want to see your medical records before they decide how soon they'll be able to get you in, and if they'll see you at all.  Already got the ball rolling on that though, so there's no reason that won't be squared away well before we arrive.

So...now there's forwarding addresses to provide, medical releases to sign, baby clothes and gear to pack up (nesting on a grand scale here!), utility turn-offs to schedule, yard work to hire out, and so on...

Speaking of yard work...

We have a new tree, and I'm proud to say it's doing beautifully!  A Shumard Oak, if you were wondering.


Also, we finally started our garden a few days ago.  Soon we will have onions, carrots and lettuce...we hope our neighbors thoroughly enjoy them while we're 1,800 miles away.  Yeeeeah, we didn't really think that one through, did we?


Today, I saw my OB here in Wichita for my 30 week check-up, and broke the sad news that I won't be delivering here.  He said I'm the second one this week to tell him that!  Everything looks normal and right on schedule.  I will see him again in two weeks...probably the last time.  :(  It figures...just when I find an OB I really like...!

I'm pretty sure baby's lying diagonally.  I'm feeling the kicks on the right side under my ribs, and around my left hip.  So silly.  Big kicks, too...holy moly, this baby's trying to break free!

Two new belly pictures up!  29 weeks and 30 weeks.

Updates might be few and far between for awhile...but you're used to that by now, huh?  I'll do my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment