Friday, April 8, 2011

Crazy dream...

Two, actually.  Pregnancy hormones are great.

I had another dream that the baby's a boy, but I think the idea was already in my head from that other dream.  It was pretty funny...long story short: I found myself going into labor all alone, in an empty room.  I sat down and after about three [painless] pushes, delivered a baby.  My first thought was that Daniel would be so disappointed that he had missed it, so without giving a second thought to my baby I jumped up and ran out.  When I found him, I told him "Guess what, I had the baby!  We have to get to the hospital."  Someone had taken the baby to the hospital, and by the time we got there my whole family was there, too.  My little brother actually brought the baby out to meet us, all swaddled up, and I asked,

"Is it a boy or a girl?!"

"Boy!"

What's his name?"

I can't tell you his answer, because it's actually a name we've talked about using!

Last night was the other really weird one.  Evidently, we were living somewhere that had bears, because I looked out our front window early one morning and saw an enormous bear walking down the street.  It was huge.  I turned to Daniel and said, "Wow, look at that bear!  Hey, we better call animal control or something."  Then I looked out again, and it had started attacking a woman!  Just tossing her around like a toy.  I yelled to Daniel to call 911 and saw that he was already on the phone.  I started putting on a jacket, knowing that it was stupid to try to do anything and I'd probably get killed myself, but I couldn't just stay inside and do nothing.  I ran to the door and stuck my head out, and was surprised to find that the bear had disappeared.  The woman was knocking on her neighbor's door, apparently unhurt, looking around nervously.  Her husband was with her.  These were NOT people I actually know, by the way.  It wasn't even our real street.  Anyways, I'm still almost in tears because I thought I just saw this woman being killed, so I ran over and said, "Get in my house!  Get inside!  Where did it go?  Are you okay?!"  Before she could say anything, this other woman pops up, and she's apparently some kind of bear expert.  She starts going on about how exciting this is, because, she says, that wasn't a normal grizzly.  It was a lehara, a really rare subspecies, or something like that.  Don't bother googling that; it's an entirely hormonal fabrication.  She's going on and on about the differences between it and a grizzly, and I had to interrupt her: "Where. Did. It. GO?!"

At that point I woke up in a cold sweat, my heart pounding, and absolutely terrified!  Took forever to get back to sleep.  I've had very few dreams that were as realistic as that one.

Other than that...well, we've been busy!  We bought a new tree for the front yard (the last ones didn't make it) and some damaged (but repairable) sections of fence that we found at a huge discount.  Also working on a veggie garden for the front yard, now that the weather's nice and we're not going below freezing at night anymore.

I turned 24 (yikes!) last week and my dad flew in for my birthday - a complete surprise!...for me (he and Daniel were in cahoots).  It was great.  He arrived not twenty-four hours after Uncle Chris left, so Hollie's adoration went seamlessly from one visitor to the next, and they hit it off immediately.  A trip to the zoo (for a friend's son's birthday, ironically!) and some gyros made it a perfect birthday weekend.  :)

Yesterday was the first day of my third trimester!  I'm feeling some biiiig kicks in there.  This baby's anxious to get out, I think!  New photo is up...  

2 comments: