Monday, January 10, 2011

Gender dream

This weekend I had my first dream about the new baby's gender!  I don't typically take dreams all that seriously, but every once in a while I'll have one that's eerily pertinent to something going on in my life and it completely weirds me out.  So this is just kind of fun and exciting.

I'm getting an ultrasound done at the OB's office, but Daniel and Hollie aren't there, so it's just me and the ultrasound tech.  She sets everything up, turns on the machine, and then remembers something she needs, and leaves the room.  For some reason she leaves the little wand (?) thing just sitting on my belly, so obviously I pick it up to see if I can get a look on my own.

It is weird.  It looks like an aquarium, complete with rocks on the bottom and a castle and little fake plants.  And there's my baby, just swimming around!  And he is wearing little blue sandals.

In the dream, I wasn't at all surprised by the fact that a baby would be wearing shoes in there, or by the fishbowl style setting.  I really just wondered why there weren't any fish?

Not the first crazy dream I've had lately.  Another good one: my whole family plus Daniel and Hollie go on vacation to London, only to be told upon arrival that we had two hours to see everything before we had to get back on the plane and go home again.

Oh, pregnancy hormones.

-------------------------------------------

Hollie is a word-learning machine, so I'll be doing an update on that soon.  Plus more Christmas photos on the way.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment