Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas travels: part 2

So, more story.  I guess it was the next day, Daniel and I had to see this place called Voodoo Doughnuts that we had seen on TV, and first - make sure it exists (I always still feel a tiny bit of surprise when I finally see places in person that I had only previously seen on TV.  Isn't that weird?), and second - get some doughnuts.

 
Oh, baby.

On the left is the Voodoo doughnut, complete with pretzel-stake through the heart.  The next one has maple icing and bacon (better than it sounds, whether you think it sounds good or bad!).  The next one, called the Old Dirty Bastard, has crushed Oreos and peanut-butter (this is my heaven).  And for Hollie, a plain cake doughnut.

But wait, there's more...

 
The biggest apple fritter I think I've ever seen.  All four other doughnuts fit in there on top of this one.

Fortunately, it took us two days to finish all this.

Next, the cousins looked out the window and got into an adorable game of hide and seek...



 Wait a sec, where's Juliet?

There she is!

Hollie says, hmmm, I'm pretty sure she was there a second ago...

Pepere, is that Juliet in there?

A-ha!


 I found you!

To be continued...

Also, fair warning - you can see the Voodoo Doughnuts website for a list of all their wild and crazy pastries, some of the names are fairly (ahem) explicit.  The O.D.B. above is relatively tame.  Just so ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment