Saturday, July 2, 2011

Another due date comes...and goes...

We're ready.  This baby's ready.  It's only a matter of time.

That's been the soundtrack in my head lately!

Still having contractions, mostly in the afternoons and evenings.  Pretty good ones, too.  They're worse if I've been walking, and go away if I lay down.  I think next time that happens, I'm just going to keep walking.

Well, we made a point of enjoying the due date.  Abuelita and Hollie and I went to the YMCA in the morning to swim, and we went for a nice lunch at a place right on the beach.  Then in the afternoon, Daniel and I went by ourselves to an NST appointment with the nurse at the doctor's office (doc is still out of town), and then we went to the movies and saw Super 8.  Not typically my kind of movie, but I have to say it was really well done!  It's always refreshing to me to see a really good movie without any big name actors.

Here are the pictures from our boat ride through Deception Pass...

We didn't get to drive it.  :(
Captain Mark took us out.


We could not have asked for better weather or smoother water!  Perfect day.


Deception Pass

Don't know if you can tell here, but the shores were packed.  So glad we didn't decide to fight that!

Our little boat girl.  She surprised us all with how at ease she was.  She loved it when we went fast!


----------------------------------------------------------------

I have been determined to fill our days with little adventures to A) enjoy the beautiful weather we've been having, B) make the most of my last opportunities to leave the house at all (for a while) and C) just keep active in an effort to bring this pregnancy to an end.

Yesterday morning, Abuelita and Hollie and I went strawberry picking!

More GORGEOUS Pacific NW summer weather!

Someone needed a little guidance...

...but oh my goodness this dirt is SO COOL!!!

The little yellow ones, too.

Sampling.  Shhhh...

Hands covered in dirt and strawberry juice!  
That's how you know it's been a good day.

That giant belly in the white shirt is me.
Thank you again to Abuelita for letting me wander away and completely zone out in my strawberry-picking!

40 weeks, 1 day, and counting.


Went overboard.  A little.  Maybe.
About fifteen pounds here.


Whew!  All done - three bags for the freezer and four big bowls for the fridge.
Worth it.


----------------------------------------------------------------

Another little excursion in the plans for today!  
Happy weekend, everyone.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment