Thursday, May 13, 2010

You Capture - Yellow

Once again, it's been awhile since I've done a You Capture challenge, but I always go to check each week's theme, and this week...yellow just happened to sneak up on me.


These are all my bottles and pumping stuff, which I am packing up until our next little one comes along.  Because I don't work, we never used them much except for when we left Hollie with babysitters (aka grandparents!), or when I had to go somewhere and leave her at home with Daniel.  For awhile there, we were also giving her a bottle daily, to which we added her liquid vitamin supplement.  That stuff tasted nasty...there's no way she was taking that from the dropper!

Anyways, with solids comprising more and more of her intake (I'd say her diet these days is pretty evenly split 50/50 between solids and milk) we have just not needed to have all that extra milk on hand "just in case".

I know it's not really a big deal, since we're still breastfeeding, but as I'm packing all of it up, it does have that sort of "end of an era" feel.  My baby girl needs me just a little less.

Don't be yella.  Check out everyone else's entries at Beth's

4 comments:

  1. We just did this recently. It does have that feel to it, doesn't it? And then this weekend we sort of slid from 2ce a day to 1ce a day. Makes me a little sniffly. :)

    Love the fish, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes. How could I forget Medela yella? It's a nice shade, for a nice season of life. Creative, interesting capture! I guess you could say it's sortof a mellow yellow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your blog title has completely made my day. love.

    we nursed pretty much exclusively too, so we hardly had any bottles at all...certainly none as matchy and pretty (and spotless!) as yours. (oddly, i don't recall ever packing them up...my guess is we just lost them and that was pretty much it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    I can't take credit for it, Nic! It was my husband's idea.

    ReplyDelete