Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Settling in

One of the first things that I could not wait to do when we arrived here in Mukilteo is unpack all the baby clothes.  I had to go through all of them in Wichita, to decide what we were taking, but I knew it was pointless to wash and organize it all (though I really wanted to) because I knew I would have to wash them again after they sat in a box on a truck for a week anyway.

So after we got here that Monday night [over] two weeks ago, literally the first thing I did on Tuesday morning after Hollie and I had breakfast was set up the bassinet.  Then I waited anxiously for Friday, when the boxes of clothes that we shipped showed up at the door.  Within two minutes the clothes were spread out over the floor, and Hollie and I just sat down and looked through them and talked about the new baby.  

So then they sat and sat and sat in a pile in the bassinet because for some reason I could not ever remember to pick up baby detergent at the store!  Unbelievable.  My nesting urge was being completely thwarted by my scatterbrained-ness.

Finally got my hands on some detergent and yesterday got all the neutral colored clothes washed, folded, and put away...with help...


Look at this little monkey.  She wanted to try on all the clothes, but figured out pretty quickly that wasn't going to work.  She settled for this swaddling blanket with velcro tabs...it just barely fit around her shoulders!


Gotta make sure the swing still works, too.

Daniel and I just had our third anniversary (cue: awww) and we hadn't really planned on doing anything, but at the last minute Daniel got one of his coworkers (who has kids...but they're back in KS) to watch Hollie for the evening so that we could see a movie.  The movie (Bridesmaids) wasn't great, but it's always nice to get somewhat dressed up and have some fun.

Hollie had some fun too, apparently.  She told her babysitter all about how Daddy had built her little table (a recent purchase from Ikea), and when she ripped her doll a little bit she reassured him that Mommy would fix it.    

New belly picture - 36-ish weeks.  I forgot to mention - at my first appointment with the new doc, he decided to push my due date back a few days based on that first trimester ultrasound.  At my next ultrasound (tomorrow!) we will come up with a new official due date.

I still have stories and pictures of our long drive, and also from our weekend trip down to Portland, to post...but that's enough for today.  More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment