Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cloth diapering, round 2

The new diapers are in!!
First, the Dream-Eze All-In-One.


This one got great reviews, and is supposed to be very trim (as in close-fitting (as in not bulky)) and narrower between the legs.  I was worried that this would give it an awkward fit in the back, and it does...sort of...but Hollie doesn't seem to mind.  She seems reasonably comfortable in it.

It is, however, bulkier than I thought it would be, in the back.  :(

I guess I had gotten my expectations ridiculously high (I tend to do that), but Daniel reminded me that you need some bulk, if you want any absorbency.  Which is true.

Moving on...
The pre-fold and Snappi (so cool!)


(Sorry, I didn't realize the prefold would match our bedsheets so perfectly.  Hopefully you can see it!)

Here's how they work.  I tried to get a picture of it on Hollie, but it just wasn't happening.  I was also anxious to get the cover on it, before she figured out how to remove the Snappi!  [Also, the bear is not the same size or shape as a baby, so the fit is not at all this awkward on her!]


So, here it is with the cover.  Even easier than I thought it would be...I love it!  It took waaay longer than our average diaper change, but it once we get used to it I'm sure it will go quicker.


I think our plan, at this point, would be to use the pre-folds and covers at home, and something more user-friendly (like an AIO or pocket) whenever we go anywhere and might need to do a quick change in the car/restroom/park bench/etc.     

We're going to use these for a while, give them a chance to fit into our life, and then decide exactly what's best for all [three] of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment