Thursday, July 8, 2010

You Capture - America

We didn't go see fireworks for the Fourth this year. I was kinda bummed. Though I was terrified of them as a little kid (who wasn't?) I slowly fell in love with them over the years. However, this year...
  • A) The weather sucked.
  • B) Hollie's bedtime these days just happens to coincide with sundown.
  • C) I think everyone in our neighborhood did fireworks in their front lawns (starting precisely at bedtime) (despite the rain) so we got a great show right across the street anyway.
So, of course, we just had some friends over for some good food.


Homemade strawberry icebox pie.

Just waiting to be topped with a layer of whipped cream.

As I'm writing this (three days later), I'm thinking,
Why the heck didn't we add blueberries, so it would be red, white, and blue?!

But, to be honest, about eight seconds after the whipped cream touched that pie, my only thought was,
Wait, where'd the pie go?
And who left this empty pie tin and stack of dirty plates?

Yeah, it was that good.

That's our slice of Americana. Go check out more at Beth's!

6 comments:

  1. Our fireworks got rained out too. :( But that pie looks pretty yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Andrea! That strawberry pie looks STUNNING. And I could totally go for a piece or 2 right this second! : ) Nice to meet you! I am glad you got to see fireworks in your neighborhood! We went to a grocery store parking lot and sat on the roof so we wouldn't have to fight the crowds. It was fantastically fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you please send me some pie?

    ReplyDelete